Tuesday 19 August 2014

YOUR NAME IS IN THE BOOK OF LIFE

Spirit & Life Devotional
Tuesday, August 19
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

Philippians 4:3 ERV "For this I make a special request to my friend who has served with me so faithfully: Help these women. They worked hard with me in telling people the Good News, together with Clement and others who worked with me. Their names are written in the book of life."

YOUR NAME IS IN THE BOOK OF LIFE

I love to keep records. Not records of wrongs! I used to many years ago, until the Holy Spirit changed me. The Bible says that love keeps no record of wrongs! Well, I have books and diaries for different purposes; some are just there, unused, until I figure out what to do with them. Guess what; I was glad to know that God too loves to keep records! It made me feel like Him.

But there's a very important book in heaven. It's the most important book, if you ask me; it's the book of life. Woe unto the man whose name is not in the Book of Life! Revelation 20:12 says "And I saw those who had died, great and small, standing before the throne. Some books were opened. And another book was opened—the book of life. The people were judged by what they had done, which is written in the books." Revelation 21:27 says "Nothing unclean will ever enter the city. No one who does shameful things or tells lies will ever enter the city. Only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life will enter the city."

If you are born again, your name is in the book of life. Hallelujah! But you must be careful to ensure that your name remains in the book of life. Jesus let us know that names can be removed from the book of life. He said, "Everyone who wins the victory will be dressed in white clothes like them. I will not remove their names from the book of life. I will say that they belong to me before my Father and before his angels." Revelations 3:5. Our names will not be removed from it in Jesus name! Amen.

Twitter: @pastorchinae
PIN:7B166AA7
www.facebook.com/spiritandlifedevotional

No comments:

Post a Comment