Sunday 17 August 2014

YOU ARE ONE WITH GOD

Spirit & Life Devotional
Sunday, August 17
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

John 14:20 ERV "On that day you will know that I am in the Father. You will know that you are in me and I am in you."

YOU ARE ONE WITH GOD

When Jesus was on earth, He said, “The Father and I are one" and the Israelites took up stones to kill Him. To them, He spoke blasphemy. A lot of you reading this haven't realized that we too are one with God! He is in us and we are in Him! 1 John 4:13, 15 says "We know that we live in God and God lives in us. We know this because he gave us his Spirit. Anyone who says, “I believe that Jesus is the Son of God,” is a person who lives in God, and God lives in that person."

The implication of this should be seen in our words and our works, that is, what we say and what we do. Jesus said "Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The things I have told you don’t come from me. The Father lives in me, and he is doing his own work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or believe because of the miracles I have done." John 14:10-11

Who's responsible for your words and your actions? Where do you get your inspirations from? Until we begin to walk in this revelation we will never be able to do the works of Christ and the words we say will be ordinary words. I want to be able to talk like Jesus! He said, “I assure you that the Son can do nothing alone. He does only what he sees his Father doing. The Son does the same things that the Father does." John 5:19. Wow!

Twitter: @pastorchinae
PIN:7B166AA7
www.facebook.com/spiritandlifedevotional

No comments:

Post a Comment