Wednesday 27 August 2014

CREATED FOR GLORY, NOT SHAME

Spirit & Life Devotional
Wednesday, August 27
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

Romans 2:24 KJV "For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written."

CREATED FOR GLORY, NOT SHAME

I saw the above verse many years ago, and it has been my desire that men will not blaspheme and insult God because of me. Isaiah 43:7 says that we were created for the glory of God. Our lives should glorify Him, not otherwise. I'd rather die than give men reason to dishonour my God! I'm not claiming to be perfect, but my desire is to please God and not to be a stumbling block for the salvation of others.

Let's examine ourselves today. By the way you are living, are men glorifying God or insulting Him and the church? Will men, your neighbours, friends and colleagues agree to come to church and give their lives to Christ because of the way you live and the words that proceed from your mouth? If your answer is no, then you must repent and change.

We are open letters known and read by all. There's no news worse than that of a Christian reported for wrongdoing. Oh! May I never be the one to give the world another reason to say rubbish about the Church of Jesus Christ! May my life and my ministry only glorify He Whom I love with all my heart! Amen.

Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:7B166AA7
www.facebook.com/spiritandlifedevotional

No comments:

Post a Comment