Monday 25 August 2014

SEEKING THE FACE OF GOD

Spirit & Life Devotional
Monday, August 25
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

Joshua 9:14 ERV "The men of Israel wanted to know if these men were telling the truth. So they tasted the bread—but they did not ask the Lord what they should do."

SEEKING THE FACE OF GOD

To seek the face of God simply means to pray to Him, to consult Him, to seek His will, His plans and His intentions. Psalms 27:8 KJV says "When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek." NLT says "My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.” And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.”

God wants us to seek His face instead of trusting in our own wisdom. You know, we like to think that we are smart. And then we make terrible mistakes, and look for whom to blame. The Israelites were deceived by tasting the bread; just as a lot of people have been deceived by samples, facts, characters and appearances shown to us.

Develop a habit of seeking the Lord. I read of a man who never made investment decisions until he had heard from God, and he said he never lost at any time. He would lock himself in a room meditate on the word and pray until He heard from God what he should do. God is our Father and He wants to help us. His desire is to deliver us from deception and to help us make the right decisions thus receiving only what's best for us.

Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:7B166AA7
www.facebook.com/spiritandlifedevotional

No comments:

Post a Comment