Sunday 27 April 2014

ALWAYS JOYFUL

Spirit & Life Devotional
Sunday Morning, April 27
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

ALWAYS JOYFUL

Philippians 4:4 ERV "Always be filled with joy in the Lord. I will say it again. Be filled with joy."

There are people who like to ask WHY; it's okay. So they are asking why they should be filled with joy all time; "Must someone smile all the time?" they ask; or they buttress the fact that they are moody people always having mood swings; "Someone cannot be happy all the time" they say.

I'm sorry, I won't attempt to answer all your questions, but I want you to understand that "Happiness is good medicine, but sorrow is a disease." (Proverbs 17:22). Also, know that the joy of the Lord makes us strong (Nehemiah 8:10). Hallelujah!

Someone says "Why are you always smiling?" I'll tell you: the fruit of the Spirit is joy! It doesn't matter what goes on around me; it doesn't matter if my body is weak and broken; it doesn't matter if I've been disappointed and have lost a lot; and it doesn't matter if I didn't get what I earnestly expected; in my heart there's always joy that keeps me going! Hallelujah!

To be filled with joy always is one of the greatest manifestations of faith. What you're saying is that you trust God enough to make a way where there's none; you're saying "Lord, I may not understand what's going on but I know that You are with me causing all things to work together for my good!" Hallelujah!

PIN:7B166AA7
www.facebook.com/spiritandlifedevotional

No comments:

Post a Comment