Friday 5 June 2015

Where Are Your Works?


Spirit & Life Devotional
Friday, June 5
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

Where Are Your Works?

James 2.26. "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

A faith that cannot or will not propel you to take action is referred to as a dead one. There are little or no results because we are talkers and "believers", not doers. Until we begin to do, until we become action oriented people, until there are works proving our faith, we will not experience the power of faith.

I've not been sick for about thirteen years. I wanted to live in health, because it is written that by His stripes I was healed. I believed it; I believed in what Jesus did, He took my sicknesses and infirmities! The first step I took was to stop taking drugs. I took that decision in January 2001. Check any hospital in the world, you won't find any records for me. The second step I took was to stop praying for healing. Why ask God to heal me when He has already healed me? Didn't God's word say we were healed? I still fell sick in 2002, but whenever I was sick, I would get up and go and play football! Why? Because Jesus said that when I pray, I should believe that I have received it, and I will have it! So if I believed that I've been healed what was I still doing on the bed? Sickness did not last in my body, they disappeared on the football fields! One day in 2002, I was sick, but managed to attend fellowship, as we prayed, I had a vision of the Lord pulling a garment from me: as He pulled it from up my head, the sickness left from my feet up through my head, and I was instantly healed! Hallelujah!

You believe, but where are your works?

Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:52EDCD5B

No comments:

Post a Comment