Tuesday 9 June 2015

Motivated By The Prize


Spirit & Life Devotional
Tuesday, June 9
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

Motivated By The Prize

Joshua15.16 "And Caleb said, 'He who attacks Kirjath Sepher and takes it, to him I will give Achsah my daughter as wife.'”

I ran in primary school and I remember being first at a time. The prize was a transparent white bucket. On my 10th birthday in primary 6, I took the puff puff my mum made for me to celebrate my birthday to school using that bucket. It was indeed a special bucket. It was my prize!

There's always a prize for everything we do in this life, and you've got to understand that; whether you are aware of it or not, whether you expect to get it or not, there's always a prize; we will be rewarded for all our actions. There are prizes for everyone: for example, we will all reap whatever we sow; but again, there are special prizes for those who distinguish themselves and do exceptionally well. There are prizes in life, and there are much better prizes in heaven. Hallelujah!

What's your motivation? Paul said, "Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do,  forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Hebrews 12.2 says, "Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Money is not the true prize; not fame or comfort either; be motivated by the true prize that God has reserved in heaven for everyone who endures and runs the race to the end!

Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:52EDCD5B

No comments:

Post a Comment