Thursday 4 June 2015

The Promise of Preservation


Spirit & Life Devotional
Thursday, June 4
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

The Promise of Preservation

1 Chronicles 18.6. "Then David put garrisons in Syria of Damascus; and the Syrians became David’s servants, and brought tribute. So the Lord preserved David wherever he went."

David was a warrior so he knew the importance of preservation. It was his prayer often: Psalm 16.1 "Preserve me, O God, for in You I put my trust." Psalm 64.1 "Hear my voice, O God, in my meditation; preserve my life from fear of the enemy." Psalm 140.4 "Keep me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from violent men, who have purposed to make my steps stumble."

You don't have to be a soldier to need protection and security. We are actually soldiers, spiritually speaking. But as Paul noted, there are wicked and unreasonable men in the world. I've met a few of them, all they think about is how to do evil; you don't have to offend them, they don't just want you to do well. We need to be preserved from such men. Paul wrote, "Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may run swiftly and be glorified, just as it is with you, and that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men; for not all have faith."

The good news is that the Bible is full of promises of preservation for the children of God. Psalm 121.5-8 says, "The Lord  is your keeper; the Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore." So shall it be, in Jesus name. Amen!

Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:52EDCD5B

No comments:

Post a Comment