Sunday 7 June 2015

The Power of Your Words


Spirit & Life Devotional
Sunday, June 7
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

The Power of Your Words

Numbers 14.28 "Say to them, ‘As I live,’ says the Lord, ‘just as you have spoken in My hearing, so I will do to you."

There's tremendous power in your words. You've got to understand that. We were created in the image of God; whatever we say can come to pass whether we expect it to come to pass or not: in your tongue is the power of death and life.

We use our mouths wrongly. We say things like, "I'm going to be sick", "nothing is happening in this town", "it's so difficult doing business in this country", "I'm not due", "business is bad, business is not moving", "it's not easy to be promoted"; many times we're saying those things because we want people to sympathize with us. A lady once told me that I was the wrong person to talk to; while she expected me to understand and to sympathize with her, I was telling her to stop speaking negatively. I refuse to be a part of pity parties! Stop whining and start saying what you want to happen!

God said He would do whatever we say, as long as He lives! That's powerful. It's up to us then, to say whatever we want Him to do. It's not about how big the situation or the challenge is, it's about how big your faith in God can be. David said to the giant, "This day the Lord will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you. And this day I will give the carcasses of the camp of the Philistines to the birds of the air and the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel." And that was exactly what happened! Hallelujah!

Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:52EDCD5B

No comments:

Post a Comment