Tuesday 23 June 2015

Following Jesus


Spirit & Life Devotional
Tuesday, June 23
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

Following Jesus

Matthew 16.24 "Then Jesus said to His disciples, 'If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.'"

The chorus of a favourite hymn:

Follow! follow! I will follow Jesus!
Anywhere, everywhere, I will follow on!
Follow! follow! I will follow Jesus!
Everywhere He leads me I will follow on!

We sang it many times back then, that we would follow Jesus, every time and to every where He leads us. I sincerely hope that we are truly following Him; because following Him is not always going to be a pleasant experience! That's what many of us today don't seem to understand; to truly follow Jesus, you would have to pay a price! You would often have to give up something; you would have to inconvenience yourself many times! You would have to carry a customized cross, specially made for you, to follow Him!

Some of us won't even give up our sleep in order to go for evangelism; how often do we spend time with Him? You've got habits, bad ones, that you know you have to give up, but you're unwilling to take up your cross and truly follow Jesus. You're not in any department in your church because you're unwilling to give up some of your personal time to attend meetings and to work for God, and you think you're following Jesus? These I've mentioned are things anyone of us can do easily; understand that there are people out there following Jesus with bigger crosses! May we be true followers.

Please sing with me:

Take up my cross
Daily follow You
I’m not ashamed to shout
My love for You my Lord
Straight from my heart
I worship You
You are the reason for life

CHORUS:
Simply devoted to You, oh Lord
I lose my life to follow You
The life that I live, it’s not I that live
For me to live is Christ.

Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:52EDCD5B

No comments:

Post a Comment