Monday 22 June 2015

Give It A New Name


Spirit & Life Devotional
Monday, June 22
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

Give It A New Name

Genesis 2.19 "Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name."

You see, from the very beginning God has always given man an opportunity to be part of the creative process along with Him. After God had created the animals and birds, He took them to Adam, and there was the first naming ceremony. The Bible says that whatever Adam called each living creature was its name.

Adam could have called them any name; God did not participate in the event; He delegated that duty to Adam. Are you beginning to understand what I'm saying? Let me explain further. Remember when Lazarus died, Jesus said to His disciples, “Our friend Lazarus sleeps, but I go that I may wake him up.” Do you know what Jesus did, He gave death a new name!

When you are faced with unpleasant situations, it's not a time to cry and wallow in self pity, it's an opportunity for you to be a part of the creative process! Perform a naming ceremony! Whatever you call it is what it will be! No, I'm not broke, I'm wealthy! I'm not barren or impotent, I'm an expectant mother and an expectant father! I'm not unemployed, I'm on a long vacation, preparing myself for my job that's on its way! Every day, every month and every year, God gives you an opportunity to be a part of the creative process; don't misuse your opportunities; use your mouth and give your days, months, years and situations sweet and pleasant names. What others say shouldn't concern you; whatever you call them is what they will be!

Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:52EDCD5B

No comments:

Post a Comment