Saturday 12 January 2013

THE WONDERFUL LOVE OF CHRIST

I started to write a book on the love of God some years ago and I haven’t had time to complete it; other things keep coming up: I hope I can finish it in the nearest future. The love of God is amazing, especially His love for man. If I’m to describe it in a word, I’ll simply say that it is wonderful! It is incomprehensible – the kind of love that made Him die for us, the kind of love that cannot end, the kind of love that makes Him willing to give us all we’ll ever need, and the kind of love that makes Him believe about us despite our shortcomings and many sins! I can only attempt to talk about the love of Christ; the truth is that it is better experienced. It is so great that we can never tell it all. Human vocabulary is insufficient to describe God’s awesome love! I can only pray for you according to 2 Thessalonians 3:5 (NLT), that the Lord “May lead your hearts into a full understanding and expression of the love of God.” Ephesians 3:18 and 19 (NIV) says that we “may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” Charles H. Gabriel published his song titled My Savior’s Love in 1905. The first verse says, “I stand amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazarene, and wonder how He could love me, a sinner, condemned, unclean.” If only sinners knew how much God loved them! If Atheists knew how much God loves them! If only man knew that God is not against him but for him! Dear brethren, God loves us so much! And His love should only draw us closer to Him and give us boldness to stand in His presence reciprocating His love with our worship and praise. God’s love is greater than Satan’s hate! Fear nothing, for your Lover is strong, mighty and wealthy! Hallelujah!

2 comments:

  1. Because of God's love, I can experience the love of Christ. I know his love is greater than anything I could ever face in the world. I am so thankful, its because of his amazing love, he reached way down and pick me up over 22 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 22 years ago? That's awesome! May God reward your steadfastness

    ReplyDelete