Wednesday 27 July 2016

Standing In The Gap

Spirit & Life Devotional
Wednesday, 27 July 2016

Standing In The Gap

"And he stood between the dead and the living; so the plague was stopped." Numbers 16:48 NKJV

God said to Abraham, “I have heard many times that the people of Sodom and Gomorrah are very evil. I will go and see if they are as bad as I have heard. Then I will know for sure.” Abraham knew the implications of that visit, so he approached God and asked, “Will you destroy the good people while you are destroying those who are evil? What if there are fifty good people in that city? Will you still destroy it? You would not destroy fifty good people to kill those who are evil. If that happened, those who are good would be the same as those who are evil—both would be punished. As the judge of the whole world, surely you would do the right thing!” Then the Lord said, “If I find fifty good people in the city of Sodom, I will save the whole city.” Abraham kept interceding for them until he got God to agree that He wouldn't destroy the land for the sake of five righteous men.

Brothers and sisters, we have a duty to intercede for men - for sinners, for our families, tribesmen, nation and for the world. People are being killed by terrorists everyday and it seems like it might get worse; and souls are perishing, going to hell! We've got to stand in the gap! Ezekiel 22:30 says, "So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one." We will be found in Jesus name! Amen.

Prophetic Declaration:
Today, I stand in the gap for my loved ones; I declare that no evil shall befall any of them in the name of Jesus. I also stand in the gap for my community, my nation and the world; I decree an end to the activities of bloodsucking demons in the name of Jesus! And I stand in the gap for those not born again, I pray for their salvation, in Jesus name. Amen.

Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim
Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:568E2E56

No comments:

Post a Comment