Saturday 30 July 2016

Speaking To God

Spirit & Life Devotional
Saturday, 30 July 2016

Speaking To God

"For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries." I Corinthians 14:2 NKJV

Speaking to God means praying to God. But I need you to understand that there are different kinds of prayer. Many times we pray casually, as a routine, but there are times we must make demands in prayer. Let me give two examples:

When Joshua and the Israelites fought the Amorites, the Bible says that Joshua prayed to the Lord in front of all the people of Israel. He said, “Let the sun stand still over Gibeon, and the moon over the valley of Aijalon.” And the sun stood still and the moon stayed in place until the nation of Israel had defeated its enemies. Again, when Korah conspired with Dathan and Abiram, and incited a rebellion against Moses, along with 250 other leaders of the community, Moses was very angry and he said to the Lord, “Do not accept their grain offerings! I have not taken so much as a donkey from them, and I have never hurt a single one of them.”

Listen, if we want things to change we must learn to speak to the Lord as Moses and Joshua did! Don't take prayer for granted; when we approach God in faith, He moves swiftly and does the impossible for us. Hallelujah!

Prophetic Declaration:
I speak to the Lord today about my situation; I command every mountain before me to disappear, in the name of Jesus! I speak to the Lord about my job, business, family and loved ones, I command whatever powers that have kept us bound to get lost, in the name of Jesus!

Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim
Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:568E2E56

No comments:

Post a Comment