Sunday 31 July 2016

How Thirsty Are You?

Spirit & Life Devotional
Sunday, 31 July 2016

How Thirsty Are You?

"For I will pour water on him who is thirsty, and floods on the dry ground; I will pour My Spirit on your descendants, and My blessing on your offspring." Isaiah 44:3 NKJV

Jesus said, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled." It's clear from the words of Jesus who gets filled; those who are hungry and thirsty. You'll get little or nothing from God if you appear before Him full; you've got to appear before Him in need of more.

It's talking about the attitude with which we approach God. You know, there are people who go to church just to fulfill all righteousness; some go to church as a meeting place with others; to some they've heard it all, and they know it all, they don't expect to receive anything new; they are wrong because they think that they are meeting with the pastor.

If God has floods of whatever He has to offer then I want it all! When I'm in His presence He is all that matters at that moment. I silence my phones or put them off; I get rid of all distractions; that's not a time to sit with friends; meeting with God is serious business! I stand before Him in need of more of Him, to be refreshed and to be filled with His Spirit! Hallelujah!

Prophetic Declaration:
Today I shall be filled afresh with the Spirit of God. The heavens will open for me, and I shall be soaked and drenched with the floods of His glory. Today, I shall be greatly blessed!

Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim
Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:568E2E56

No comments:

Post a Comment