Thursday 3 December 2015

None of These Things

Spirit & Life Devotional
Thursday, 3 December 2015
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

None Of These Things

"But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God." Acts 20:24 NKJV

It was Paul that made the statement. The Holy Spirit Himself testified in every city Paul went through, saying that chains and tribulations awaited him. Agabus, a prophet, even took Paul’s belt, bound his own hands and feet, and prophesied that the Jews would bind Paul, and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles. Everyone pleaded with him not to go to Jerusalem, but Paul answered, “What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.”

Not even the probability of death could make Paul change his mind! But common rain makes some of us to change our minds! We will never inconvenience ourselves for the kingdom! We have ready excuses why we didn't do what we were supposed to do for God.

How many of us would still be Christians if we were seriously persecuted? But Paul said that none of those things moved him. I'm talking about making a decision to follow the Lord and not turn back; I'm talking about taking a stand; I'm talking about persevering even in the face of extreme difficulties and pressures to quit. God's grace is sufficient for you.

Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:568E2E56

No comments:

Post a Comment