Saturday 17 May 2014

THE WORD OF A PROPHET

Spirit & Life Devotional
Saturday Morning, May 17
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

THE WORD OF A PROPHET

Genesis 20:7 ERV "So give Abraham his wife again. He is a prophet. He will pray for you, and you will live. But if you don’t give Sarah back to him, I promise that you will die. And all your family will die with you.”

Abimelech was going to die for taking Abraham's wife, even though he did that thinking Sarah was his sister. God appeared to him in a dream and said, “You will die." As soon as God spoke the word, death set it and Abimelech immediately began to die. Now, Abimelech absolved himself from wrongdoing saying that Abraham and Sarah lied to him about their status. But that wasn't enough to alter the word that had proceeded from the mouth of God! God said to him, Abraham is a prophet, you will stay alive if he prays for you.

God honours the prayers of His servants.

Same thing happened to Job's friends. Job 42:7-8 ERV "After the Lord finished talking to Job, he spoke to Eliphaz from Teman. He said, “I am angry with you and your two friends, because you did not tell the truth about me, as my servant Job did. So now, Eliphaz, get seven bulls and seven rams. Take them to my servant Job. Kill them and offer them as a burnt offering for yourselves. My servant Job will pray for you, and I will answer his prayer. Then I will not give you the punishment you deserve. You should be punished, because you were very foolish. You did not say what is right about me, as my servant Job did.”

Why did God need to hear the prayers of Abraham and Job before He answered? Have you thought about that? And some of us take our prophets for granted! When Jesus was on earth, He said, “You believe in God; believe also in me." 2 Chronicles 20:20 says,"Have faith in the Lord your God, and you will stand strong! Have faith in his prophets, and you will succeed!”

Maybe you've been praying and praying and there's been no change, talk to a servant of God! One word from Eli terminated Hannah's many years of barrenness! Hallelujah!

PIN:7B166AA7
www.facebook.com/spiritandlifedevotional

No comments:

Post a Comment