Wednesday 14 May 2014

APPRECIATING THE TRUTH

Spirit & Life Devotional
Wednesday Morning, May 14
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

APPRECIATING THE TRUTH

Micah 3:8 ERV "But the Lord’s Spirit has filled me with power, goodness, and strength. So I can tell Jacob about his crimes, and so I can tell Israel about his sins!"

If I could, I would gladly pay to have a Nathan in my life! Nathan was a prophet of God that always communicated God's words to David. He told David both the sweet and bitter truths all the time; and David had the right attitude to receive his messages.

I prefer to have one or two people in my life always telling me the truth than a multitude of people who want to make me feel superhuman! I don't need fans; I need friends, I need brothers and sisters who can look at me and tell me that I've done wrong or that I need to do something better! People like the apostle Paul who can tell Peter not to err! The day I stop telling you the truth is the day I stop being your friend! Open rebuke is better than secret love!

There are lots of people in the world today who don't want to hear the truth; you become a hater when you tell them the truth; they are quick to ask you not to judge them. They prefer being kissed by Judas not knowing they are being betrayed! Be wise! Proverbs 27:6 NET says, "Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are excessive."

PIN:7B166AA7
www.facebook.com/spiritandlifedevotional

No comments:

Post a Comment