Wednesday 27 November 2013

STOP CRYING, MAKE A MOVE!

Spirit & Life Devotional
Tuesday, November 27
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

STOP CRYING, MAKE A MOVE!

Exodus 14:15-16 NKJV "And the Lord said to Moses, “Why do you cry to Me? Tell the children of Israel to go forward. But lift up your rod, and stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it. And the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea."

I was told that when I was a child and wanted something, I would cry and follow every one around until I got it. I have a picture of me crying with a cup in my hand stretched out for what I wanted! Thank God that strategy worked!

But we don't receive from God that way! Without faith it is impossible to please God: God is not impressed by our tears! Crying is only an outward expression of desire, worry and maybe pain, and desiring something isn't a manifestation of faith. Rather, God is pleased when we exercise our faith in His word. Babies may get what they want by crying, but certainly not adults. Tears may get God's attention, but faith is what gets His reaction!

What you need is just a word from God, and the Bible is full of them! Stop crying! Act on the word! Move forward! Go out there and apply for that job! Go on and make that request! Make that move! Take that step of faith! Make that decree! The woman with the issue of blood cried for 12 years until the day she decided to make a move! And she was made whole the very moment she touched the helm of Jesus' garment! Hallelujah!

BB PIN:7B166AA7

No comments:

Post a Comment