Friday 15 November 2013

Established In The Truth

Spirit & Life Devotional
Friday, November 15

ESTABLISHED IN THE TRUTH

We are in an age where virtually every knowledge is accepted as truth. People have learned to be accommodating, accepting that whatever a man believes is "his truth". But everything cannot be true; else there would be no lies.

In his old age, Apostle Peter saw the need to encourage the church to hold on to the truth. He wrote in II Peter 1:12-15 NKJV, "For this reason I will not be negligent to remind you always of these things, though you know and are established in the present truth. Yes, I think it is right, as long as I am in this tent, to stir you up by reminding you , knowing that shortly I must put off my tent, just as our Lord Jesus Christ showed me. Moreover I will be careful to ensure that you always have a reminder of these things after my decease."

The plan of Satan is to make people believe his lies by as truth, that way the truth is weakened and less forceful and effective. Unfortunately, a lot of people have believed his lies, as predicted by the Scriptures.

Hold on to the truth revealed and properly interpreted by the Holy Spirit. Personally study the word rather than rely only on the interpretations of others, and your church doctrines. God has not changed His mind about the things He once condemned. Wrong will never be right; lies will never be truth.

Follow on Twitter @pastorchinae, Facebook Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim, Google+ Chinaemerem Ibezim, Blog www.chinaemeremjoshuaibezim.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment