Sunday 10 May 2015

When The Lord Is Your Shepherd


Spirit & Life Devotional
Sunday, May 10
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

When The Lord Is Your Shepherd

Revelation 7:16-17 NKJV "They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

The passage above talks about what will happen after the great tribulation. John said he saw a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands; they were those who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. May we be one of them in the name of Jesus.

But from our opening scriptures we also learn about the role of the Shepherd in our lives: John said they shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst; that the sun will not strike them, nor any heat; because the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes. Hallelujah! That's what happens, even now, when the Lord is your shepherd.

David said in Psalm 23, "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever!

Psalms 121:5-8 says, "The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore. Amen!

Your days of suffering are over; your days of weeping too are expired, in the name of Jesus!

Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:52EDCD5B

No comments:

Post a Comment