Saturday 30 May 2015

He Dwells With Us


Spirit & Life Devotional
Saturday, May 30
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

He Dwells With Us

Luke.19.5 "And when Jesus came to the place, He looked up and saw him, and said to him, 'Zacchaeus, make haste and come down, for today I must stay at your house.'”

Imagine for a minute, Jesus as your roommate; I mean, physically; how would you feel? I doubt if there's a word that can accurately describe how you'd feel! But we walk by faith and not sight! Do you realize that Jesus, by the Holy Spirit, dwells with you now? Jesus said that He would be in us and with us!

Zacchaeus received Jesus joyfully: how excited and confident are we that the Lord of all lords dwells with us? We are not as conscious of His presence as we should. He said that He is with us always, even unto the ends of the world! When I'm sleeping He's with me! When I'm eating He's with me! When I'm working He's with me! He's always with me! He promised never to leave or forsake me!

These simple truths are the foundations for great faith and exploits. It is said that Smith Wigglesworth once woke up and saw the devil standing at the foot of his bed. And he said, "Oh, it's only you," and immediately rolled over and went back to sleep! Wow! That's a man who knew that greater was He with him than all others in the world combined. Your fears are unnecessary; live with the consciousness of Who is with you; the Boss of bosses, the Most Powerful, He who doesn't slumber or sleep, the One who knows tomorrow, the One in Whose hand are the hearts of the kings; He is your Big Brother and Friend! Hallelujah!

Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:52EDCD5B

No comments:

Post a Comment