Monday 13 October 2014

SOMETHING TO DIE FOR

Spirit & Life Devotional
Monday, October 13
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

SOMETHING TO DIE FOR

Acts 20:24 NKJV "But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God."

Paul was on the way to Jerusalem, and the Holy Spirit was testifying that chains and tribulations awaited him there, but Paul wouldn't quit. In Caesarea, Agabus prophesied again, taking Paul’s belt, bound his own hands and feet, and said, “Thus says the Holy Spirit, ‘So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man who owns this belt, and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.'" His travel companions again pleaded with him not to go to Jerusalem, but Paul answered, “What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.”

Why would a man insist on moving on even in the face of danger? Because, according to him, his life meant nothing to him, only finishing his ministry, finishing his assignment, fulfilling his purpose.

How many of us are that determined? Someone said, "You have not begun to live until you have found something for which to die for." I dare say that some of us would quit at the slightest provocation, some of us cannot even handle insults not to talk of bodily injuries; we let what people say affect our progress! Not me! People can say whatever they want, they can criticize me, mock me, laugh at me, but none of those things move me! I'm too focused on my assignment and I'm not about to quit until my mission is accomplished. So should you.

Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:79B62F98
www.facebook.com/pastorchinaemerem

No comments:

Post a Comment