Wednesday 8 October 2014

INVESTING IN KNOWLEDGE

Spirit & Life Devotional
Wednesday, October 8
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

INVESTING IN KNOWLEDGE

Proverbs 23:23 ERV "Truth, wisdom, learning, and understanding are worth paying money for. They are worth far too much to ever sell."

This is the 8th of October: how much have you invested in your learning since the beginning of the year? Let's extend it; since you came of age, how much of your own money have you spent on purchasing edifying materials? The quality of your life is determined by the value you place on knowledge and what you do with it.

I know people who like to borrow books and other materials, they don't buy. I don't borrow such things, I like to have mine. And because it's mine, I can read it as many times as possible. There are some of my books I've read more than ten years after I bought them. And the greatest thing about owning them for me, is being able to transfer them to my next generation. Merely thinking about it gives me joy!

Thank God for resources like Spirit & Life Devotional that you receive free of charge online; but let it not be all the knowledge that you're receiving. You see, I write the devotionals but when I read them, I actually wonder if I wrote them! So I make sure I have my own hard copies! And I'm being blessed by them again and again. Reduce some of the money you spend on other things and buy knowledge! Solomon said that knowledge is worth paying for! And I agree with him.

Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:79B62F98
www.facebook.com/pastorchinaemerem

No comments:

Post a Comment