Tuesday 7 June 2016

Friends Of God

Spirit & Life Devotional
Tuesday, 7 June 2016
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

Friends Of God

"No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you." John 15:15 NKJV

You must go from being just a mere creation of God, from being a servant, from being just a child of God, to being a friend of God; friendship with the Lord is the highest form of relationship a man can have with God. You've got to desire friendship with Him.

When you are His friend, He grants you access into His heart; He tells you things, and He shows you all that He is doing. Abraham was a friend of God. God said, “Shall I hide from Abraham what I am doing?" Genesis 18:17

So how can we become friends of God? First, know that God is not sentimental, neither is He partial; anyone at all can become His friend by simply doing what He says. Here's what Jesus said, "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you." God said concerning Abraham, "For I have known him, in order that he may command his children and his household after him, that they keep the way of the Lord, to do righteousness and justice.” Walking in complete and total obedience, brothers and sisters, is the only way to being friends with God. And we can, because His grace is sufficient for us!

Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:568E2E56

No comments:

Post a Comment