Thursday 28 January 2016

WOMEN WHO WEAR TROUSERS ARE WITCHES

WOMEN WHO WEAR TROUSERS ARE WITCHES

That was exactly what I used to think as a little boy. And I avoided women and ladies who wore trousers. I had a very religious background. My mom didn't wear make up, earrings and trousers. I tried so much to do everything right.

I used to have a small Gideon's New Testament Bible which was always in my back pocket; I read it all the time. As I returned to school, from Lagos to Awka, one day; I was reading that Bible in a Chisco luxurious bus, when I stumbled upon 1 Corinthians 7:19;

"Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what  matters."

It hit me the same way Martin Luther was hit by the revelation that the just shall live by faith. In that bus, on that journey, I spent a lot of time on meditation; the Holy Spirit opened the my eyes of my understanding and changed my life and thinking forever, not only about trousers, but about a few other issues. I studied more, and I understood more. I stopped condemning people for whom Christ died and I began to love.

I preach against abuse and excesses.

A woman once said she wouldn't attend my fellowship because I allowed ladies wear trousers. She was saved, so I wasn't bothered. I'm more interested in bringing in sinners into the Kingdom.

There are disputable issues in the faith, and the Bible is clear on how to handle such issues. "Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves." Romans 14:22 NKJV

Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim
January 28, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment