Friday 15 January 2016

The Prayer Of The Afflicted

Spirit & Life Devotional
Friday, 15 January 2016
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

The Prayer Of The Afflicted

"Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms." James 5:13 KJV

James said that the person who is afflicted should pray. Someone who is afflicted is suffering, he is pained, he is greatly troubled. James said that the cure for affliction is prayer. And that's what Hannah did.

1 Samuel 1 says that Hannah was in bitterness of soul. She was a woman who was afflicted, the Bible says that she prayed to the Lord and wept in anguish. Hannah made a vow; “O Lord of hosts, if You will indeed look on the affliction of Your maidservant and remember me, and not forget Your maidservant, but will give Your maidservant a male child, then I will give him to the Lord all the days of his life, and no razor shall come upon his head.”

Prophet Eli had been watching her, he thought she was drunk; Hannah answered, “No, my Lord, I am a woman of sorrowful spirit. I have drunk neither wine nor intoxicating drink, but have poured out my soul before the Lord. For out of the abundance of my complaint and grief I have spoken until now.” Then Eli answered and said, “Go in peace, and the God of Israel grant your petition which you have asked of Him.”

Are you afflicted? Maybe by sickness, threats, etc, pray, God will answer.

Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:568E2E56

No comments:

Post a Comment