Monday 28 July 2014

DANGERS OF GUARANTEEING LOANS

Spirit & Life Devotional
Monday, July 28
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

Proverbs 17:18 ERV "Only a fool would promise to pay for someone else’s debts."

DANGERS OF GUARANTEEING LOANS

I can write a book about my financial mistakes. As someone told me, thank God they all happened early enough while I was younger and didn't involve very huge sums. About three years ago, I guaranteed loans for three different people. One was a million, another half a million, and another about two hundred thousand Naira. To cut the long stories short, I had to repay all those loans! And because I want to go to heaven I can't keep grudges! So listen to me when I tell you not to guarantee another person's loan!

I've seen people lose family homes because they guaranteed other people's loans. I don't care who he or she is to you; don't be a guarantor for their loans! They may have integrity and the willingness to repay but be unable to. Certain things happen that are beyond our control; you will be called upon to pay or to forfeit your property.

Proverbs 6:1-5 says "My son, don’t make yourself responsible for the debts of others. Don’t make such deals with friends or strangers. If you do, your words will trap you. You will be under the power of other people, so you must go and free yourself. Beg them to free you from that debt. Don’t wait to rest or sleep. Escape from that trap like a deer running from a hunter. Free yourself like a bird flying from a trap."

PIN:7B166AA7
www.facebook.com/spiritandlifedevotional

No comments:

Post a Comment