Saturday 5 July 2014

CELEBRATE YOUR UNIQUENESS

Spirit & Life Devotional
Saturday, July 5
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

Matthew 3:3-4 ERV "John is the one Isaiah the prophet was talking about when he said, “There is someone shouting in the desert: ‘Prepare the way for the Lord. Make the road straight for him.’” John’s clothes were made from camel’s hair, and he had a leather belt around his waist. For food, he ate locusts and wild honey."

CELEBRATE YOUR UNIQUENESS

John the Baptist was one of a kind. His dad, Zechariah, was a priest and did ministry a certain way, however John understood that he didn't have to be like his dad and that he didn't have to do things the way his dad did them; instead of ministering in the Temple, John ministered in the wilderness, and instead of dressing like priests, he chose to wear clothes made from camel’s hair and even ate locusts and wild honey! And he was very comfortable being himself even though no one else had ever been like him!

The problem with some people is that they don't celebrate uniqueness. Not only do they want to be exactly like others, they also want to force others to be like some other people that they look up to. I'm okay being me! I love being me! I love the way I talk! I like where I am and even though I learn from others, I don't want to be them! I am me! And I thank God for making me the way I am! And I won't stop being me in order to make anyone like me!

Variety is the spice of life. Be grateful for who you are and for where you are at anytime. Don't be upset that you were born in the village by unknown people; or that you started school late; so what? It's what makes you unique! If we all had to tell the same stories, and if we all had the same experiences, life would be boring! That John was in the wilderness did not stop people from coming to him! I'm glad that I am a Nigerian! I'm celebrating my uniqueness! As long as God is pleased with me and I'm in obedience to His word, walking in love towards others, I'm okay!

PIN:7B166AA7
www.facebook.com/spiritandlifedevotional

No comments:

Post a Comment