Monday 2 June 2014

CONTROLLING YOUR BODY

Spirit & Life Devotional
Monday Night, June 2
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

CONTROLLING YOUR BODY

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 ERV "God wants you to be holy. He wants you to stay away from sexual sins. God wants each one of you to learn to control your own body. Use your body in a way that is holy and that gives honor to God. Don’t let your sexual desires control you like the people who don’t know God."

A lot of us have let ourselves become victims of our own emotions, and because we've not controlled our emotions we continue to do the wrong things even though it makes us feel sorrowful afterwards. For how long will that continue?

A man who has not conquered himself cannot conquer the world! Winning your flesh has to be your first major victory.

We still talk about Apostle Paul many years after he died: here's what he said, "So I run like someone who has a goal. I fight like a boxer who is hitting something, not just the air. It is my own body I fight to make it do what I want. I do this so that I won’t miss getting the prize myself after telling others about it." 1 Corinthians 9:26-27.

His grace is sufficient for us.

PIN:7B166AA7
www.facebook.com/spiritandlifedevotional

No comments:

Post a Comment