Sunday 29 December 2013

WE HAVE OVERCOME

Spirit & Life Devotional
Sunday, December 29
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

WE HAVE OVERCOME

I John 5:4 NKJV "For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith."

In a few hours 2013 will be over! It's been a memorable year, fraught with quite a lot of events, both good and bad. There were earthquakes, terrorist attacks, and many natural and human disasters; there were wars, countless deaths, accidents, sicknesses, heartbreaks, hardships and mishaps.

I won't dare to say that all was well with you this year, I won't assume that all your prayers were answered, neither will I pretend not to know that you might be carrying over some important unresolved in your life into the new year: but this I know: that the fact that you are still here now to see the new year means you have overcome! And it is something to shout about!

“If it had not been the Lord who was on our side, When men rose up against us, Then they would have swallowed us alive, When their wrath was kindled against us; Then the waters would have overwhelmed us, The stream would have gone over our soul; Then the swollen waters Would have gone over our soul.” Psalm 124:2-5

God told me that 2013 was a year of goodness. I don't have to think to know what to testify! God was so good to me! And I know He was good to you too because He forgave you, healed you, didn't let your enemies triumph, kept you alive, enabled you to get married, gave you a job and a promotion, and provided for you!

Congratulations, brothers and sisters! We have overcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment