Tuesday 23 July 2013

GET A MENTOR



We didn't all start life at the same time; neither did we commence our walk with Christ at the same time. Some began before us, and some through diligence have moved ahead of their contemporaries, and it is expected that they have more knowledge and experience than we do. They are seniors, and there's so much we can learn from them.

I didn't take mentoring seriously for a long time, but looking back, I think I won't have made the many mistakes I made if I had a true guide. And that's what mentoring is about: a mentor is a trusted counsellor or guide. "A mentor is someone who imparts wisdom to and shares knowledge with a less experienced colleague."

Mentoring is Scriptural: Apostle Paul wrote to the Philippians: "The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:9. He also said to the Corinthian Believers, "Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ." 1 Corinthians 11:1.

Don't just admire successful people from afar; humble yourself and be tutored by one doing something similar to what you do or want to do. Solomon became wise because his father and mentor said to him, "Get wisdom! Get understanding!" Proverbs 4:5. Get a mentor!

Follow @pastorchinae (Twitter), Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim (Facebook), PIN:2A6F2625

No comments:

Post a Comment