Thursday 25 July 2013

FOREVER IN HIS PRESENCE


Imagine Jonah fleeing from God; I wonder what he was thinking: it is impossible! Jonah must have thought that God was affixed to a spot, or confined to the ark, or that His presence didn't go beyond Jerusalem or the nation of Israel. His understanding of God was obviously shallow.

David had a deeper understanding of God. He said, "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me." Psalm 139:7-10

But God is not just here and there, as though He is apart from us; it's more than being omnipresent, we are actually in Him! That's what was revealed through Paul, "For in Him we live and move and exist." Acts 17:28. Nothing would exist without God - He doesn't just fill up some space; the entire universe - the planets, stars, galaxies, all matter and energy, and the contents of intergalactic space - are all in Him! Hallelujah!

What a mighty God we serve! No, you are never alone! When you pray, He's right there with you; He's aware of everything that has to do with you; and He's never too far away to assist you; He is always near. Fear not! Greater is He that is with you than they which come against you. Whether you are awake or asleep, He is ever present. And in His presence is fullness of joy! Hallelujah!!

Follow @pastorchinae (Twitter), Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim (Facebook), PIN:2A6F2625

No comments:

Post a Comment