Wednesday 24 October 2012

THE MISSION OF CHRIST

I listen to a lot of preachers (not all), and like many of you, I have my favourites. I have both been blessed and terrified by the so many words I’ve heard over time. About six years ago, I heard a preacher say that his job is not to take men to heaven but to make men prosper. After six years, nothing has terrified me more. If you’ve listened to me for long, you’ll know I believe in prosperity. But prosperity is a by-product of salvation! As a matter of fact, men do not need to be born again to prosper; the world is full of ultra rich unbelievers. Therefore, it cannot be my most important message. I’d rather spend my time and utilize God’s gift to bringing men to Christ, keeping them in faith, making sure that they grow up to be like Christ, and ensuring that they are always ready for His return. Apostle Paul wrote, “Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, that he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.” Ephesians 5:25-27. The first reason why Jesus came was to reconcile man to God. That He did by purchasing us with His blood. Therefore we are His. Being His, He empowered us so that we might have dominion over Satan, sin and sickness, as well as over any other thing we were subject to in the past. Also, He also purified us, so that we could have a perfect and blissful relationship with God the Father, with Himself and with His Holy Spirit. He justified us, so that we could stand before God without fear, and so that Satan the accuser of the brethren would no longer make us feel guilty. And He beautified us with His divine nature that is holy and righteous, so that God can always be delighted in us. Hallelujah! That’s why He came, and that’s exactly what He did! There are two men who will go back to the world: ungrateful men and men without understanding. When I think of the goodness of Jesus and all He has done, and is doing, and will do for me, my soul shouts hallelujah! And I say, “Thank You Jesus for saving me.” Good morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment