Thursday 18 October 2012

HELPING THE NEEDY

Helping the needy is one of my passions and lifetime goals. I don’t believe in “Live and let live,” instead I believe in “Live and help live.” If Jesus tarries, I intend establishing an orphanage and a foundation through which I can reach out to the needy and less privileged. I really wish I could help everyone who meets me for help, but so far I’ve been unable to. The purpose of work is not just to provide for your daily bread, to be able to live in a nice house, go for holidays, and acquire property, and so on. One major reason for work is that we might have the means to support the needy. Ephesians 4:28 says, “Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.” As we grow in Christ, our “receiving-consciousness” is replaced with a “giving-consciousness.” We begin to understand that “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Acts 20:35. The truth is, the more you give, the more you will receive. God loves givers, and He will ensure that they are always delivered from trouble. I can personally give many testimonies to prove it. Psalm 41:1-3 NLT says, “Oh, the joys of those who are kind to the poor. The LORD rescues them in time of trouble. The LORD protects them and keeps them alive. He gives them prosperity and rescues them from their enemies. The LORD nurses them when they are sick and eases their pain and discomfort.” Never be scared of giving, and never regret doing an act of kindness; sooner or later, you will get so much more than what you gave.

No comments:

Post a Comment