Monday 19 October 2015

Our Sufficiency Is Of God

Spirit & Life Devotional
Monday, 19 October 2015
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

Our Sufficiency Is Of God

"Then said I: 'Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.'” Jeremiah 1:6 NKJV

It's common for men to complain when they are called by God: Moses first said, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?” Then he later complained about his speech. When God called Isaiah, he said: “Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips."

The way of God is to call "inadequate" and "imperfect" men and women. 1 Corinthians 1 says that God chooses the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise; it says that God chooses the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised He chooses, that no flesh should glory in His presence.

I love 2 Corinthians 3:5; it says, "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God." Hallelujah!

Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:568E2E56

No comments:

Post a Comment