Friday 10 July 2015

Don't Be Caught Unawares


Spirit & Life Devotional
Friday, July 10
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

Don't Be Caught Unawares

Revelations 16.15 “Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.”

Even if the world continues for another two hundred years, it's a fact that Jesus will one day return to the earth; and the whole world would see Him in the sky! He is coming to take the saints home, and that would be the beginning of the end of the world. You better believe that.

His coming would be without announcement: now that's what makes it "frightening". You know, we say, "Let me quickly do this thing, I will repent before immediately after"; some people say, "Let me do all the bad things now, let me 'enjoy' myself now that I am young, then I will repent and live for God in my old age." If we all knew when Jesus would return, it may have been OK to think that way, but we don't! His coming would be a surprise; so what if He comes and catches you in the act? It would be too late then.

We must always be ready and watchful. And that's whether Jesus is returning tomorrow or not! Some people have slept and not woken up again; some people have died because of headaches; some people were hit by vehicles while working on the road; you won't die in that manner, but I'm just trying to let us know that we have no control over time. We've got to be watchful, and ready, all the time.

The Bible says, "But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober." And Jesus said, “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly."

Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:52EDCD5B

No comments:

Post a Comment