Saturday 11 July 2015

A Man Of Rest


Spirit & Life Devotional
Saturday, July 11
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

A Man Of Rest

1 Chronicles 22.9 "Behold, a son shall be born to you, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies all around. His name shall be Solomon, for I will give peace and quietness to Israel in his days."

There are many people who are not living in peace, so they can't wait to die so that they can "rest in peace". Every day they pray for their enemies to die. There are some others, who work like donkeys; they work like prisoners who have been sentenced to a lifetime of hard labour. There are others too, who don't have inner peace. They are always worried, always perplexed, they seem to be carrying the problems of the whole world on their heads. Such people are not enjoying the rest of God.

Solomon said, "But now the Lord my God has given me rest on every side; there is neither adversary nor evil occurrence." Wow! That shall be your testimony in Jesus name! Rest is your portion too! Psalm 127.2 says, "It is useless for you to work so hard from early morning until late at night, anxiously working for food to eat; for God gives rest to his loved ones." I saw this verse many years ago: I tell you the truth, I am enjoying divine rest! I sleep well, I live in peace too! Proverbs 16.7 says that "When a man’s ways please the Lord , He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him."

God gives true rest, and He wants all His children to be at rest even in the midst of storms. Jesus said, “Come to me all of you who are tired from the heavy burden you have been forced to carry. I will give you rest." Receive His rest today, in Jesus name!

Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:52EDCD5B

No comments:

Post a Comment