Tuesday 28 April 2015

He Is God, And Not Man


Spirit & Life Devotional
Tuesday, April 28
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

He Is God, And Not Man

Hosea 11:9 NKJV "I will not execute the fierceness of My anger; I will not again destroy Ephraim. For I am God, and not man, the Holy One in your midst; and I will not come with terror."

A lot of us wouldn't still be here today because of the very bad things we've done. If they had left us for men, we would have since been destroyed. Someone sang, "Thank God God no be man ooh, Cause if man be God ooh, I for don die ooh, I for don peme ooh".

I know Hebrews 10:31 which says that "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." But when given a choice, David said to Gad, “I am in great distress. Please let me fall into the hand of the Lord, for His mercies are very great; but do not let me fall into the hand of man.” God does punish, but He is very merciful. He said to Israel, “How can I give you up, Ephraim? How can I hand you over, Israel? How can I make you like Admah? How can I set you like Zeboiim? My heart churns within Me; My sympathy is stirred."

Psalms 103:8-14 "The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in mercy. He will not always strive with us, nor will He keep His anger forever. He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor punished us according to our iniquities. For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. As a father pities his children, so the Lord pities those who fear Him. For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust."

Father we thank You today because You are God and not man. We thank You for Your mercies and compassion. Forgive us for taking Your mercies for granted in the past, and give us the grace to please You at all times. In Jesus name. Amen.

@PastorChinae

No comments:

Post a Comment