Tuesday 3 March 2015

Beauty For Ashes


Spirit & Life Devotional
Tuesday, March 3
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

Beauty For Ashes

Ezekiel 16:9-13 NKJV “Then I washed you in water; yes, I thoroughly washed off your blood, and I anointed you with oil. I clothed you in embroidered cloth and gave you sandals of badger skin; I clothed you with fine linen and covered you with silk. I adorned you with ornaments, put bracelets on your wrists, and a chain on your neck. And I put a jewel in your nose, earrings in your ears, and a beautiful crown on your head. Thus you were adorned with gold and silver, and your clothing was of fine linen, silk, and embroidered cloth. You ate pastry  of fine flour, honey, and oil. You were exceedingly beautiful, and succeeded to royalty."

God was reminding the Israelites of how they were before He changed them using the analogy of a new born baby. He said that when they were born, no eye pitied them, instead they were thrown out. He passed by and saw them struggling, and He said to them, ‘Live!’ He made them thrive like a plant in the field; they grew, matured, and became very beautiful. That's what God does; according to Isaiah 61:3, He gives beauty for ashes. Hallelujah!

God said to David, “I took you from the sheepfold, from following the sheep, to be ruler over My people, over Israel. And I have been with you wherever you have gone, and have cut off all your enemies from before you, and have made you a great name, like the name of the great men who are on the earth."

You reading this devotional today, maybe there's been nothing beautiful about your life up till now; your story is about to change! God is giving you beauty for ashes, taking you from where you are right now to greatness! Hear me, where you are right now is not you final destination; God is lifting you up and making you someone to be reckoned with, in the name of Jesus!

Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:52EDCD5B

No comments:

Post a Comment