Monday 27 August 2012

IN SEARCH OF FAITHFUL MEN

People, and sadly christians too, make fun of the fact that churches are springing up everywhere. The harvest is plenty! And guess what? God is still looking for more and more labourers He can send! Sinners are dying in their sins, and even believers are becoming lukewarm; isn't this enough reason? Did I hear someone say that not all new churches are opening for the right reasons? Of course. There have always been hirelings. But here's what Paul said, "What does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice." Philippians 1:18. But God seeks faithful men for the ministry. Faithfulness is the most important requirement for the ministry. And may I say that faithfulness is not all about attending all church services, it has to do with being consistent, being reliable and trustworthy. The ministry is not for those who will look back after putting their hands to the plough! Men who cannot make sacrifices and suffer for the faith cannot be trusted. Period. That's what faithfulness is about. Ability to persist. Stewards are required to be faithful (1 Corinthians 4:2). Paul said, "And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry." 1 Timothy 4:12. More than ever before, as the Second Coming of Christ approaches, God is in search of faithful men. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment