Saturday 19 March 2016

Add Love

Spirit & Life Devotional
Saturday, 19 March 2016
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

Add Love

"To your devotion add kindness toward your brothers and sisters in Christ, and to this kindness add love." 2 Peter 1:7 ERV

I had never thought that there could be a difference between love and kindness until now. I actually used to define love as doing something that's in the best interest of another. But now, I know better.

Kindness is an act while love is an emotion. True, when there's love there will be kindness, but you'll agree with me that there can be kindness without love. That's what Paul taught when he said, "I may give away everything I have to help others, and I may even give my body as an offering to be burned. But I gain nothing by doing all this if I don’t have love." 1 Corinthians 13:3

It's good to be kind, but you've got to add love. I'm talking about the God kind of love! You know, God is love; and God is a Spirit. Love therefore is a spirit that enables us feel and manifest the goodness of God towards others. No man can truly love like God without having God in him. It is the Holy Spirit who fills us with the love of God. You and I therefore are capable of loving others as God loves us. Amen.

Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:568E2E56

No comments:

Post a Comment