Monday 21 October 2013

GOD IS FAITHFUL

Spirit & Life Devotional
Thursday, October 17

GOD IS FAITHFUL

The success of any relationship depends largely on how faithful the parties are to each other. Faithfulness has several definitions, but I like the one which defines faithful as "worthy of trust or belief; reliable." What it means is that a faithful person is worthy to be trusted.

How many people are faithful today? Faithfulness in keeping promises, words, oaths, body, etc. A faithful man won't beat up his wife; a faithful partner won't cheat; a faithful partner won't leave because there's no money; a faithful partner won't leave because there are no kids; a faithful partner won't deny the other their rights; a faithful person won't be in two relationships at a time; a faithful person is focused. Relationships fail simply because one was unfaithful in one way or another. Faithfulness must be established before relationships are formed. Ignore a fellow who hasn't proven himself to be faithful.

Well, 1 Corinthians 1:9 says, "God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord." And because He is faithful I can follow Him with eyes closed; I'll gladly do whatever He says to do; I believe every word He says; I trust Him to perform all His words and fulfil all His obligations to me. Because God is faithful, I have no fear of tomorrow.

Even when things are rough; when times are hard; when situations are contrary to what I expected; when all hope seems lost; when the fulfilment is delayed; I do not lose faith in God, because it is settled in my heart that He never fails! If it will take 30years, I don't mind waiting, "For the one who made the promise is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

Follow @pastorchinae (Twitter), Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim (Facebook), Chinaemerem Ibezim (Google+), PIN:2A6F2625

No comments:

Post a Comment