Saturday 16 July 2016

The Liberal Church

Spirit & Life Devotional
Saturday, 16 July 2016
Chinaemerem Joshua Ibezim

The Liberal Church

"Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so." James 3:10 NKJV

When I was in the university I didn't allow my roommates use my radio to play ungodly music; I used it to listen to Christian music, to glorify God, so I didn't think that it should also be used to glorify the devil. I remember too when we were children, we were hardly allowed to attend parties, and if we did we dared not dance to ungodly music.

I think that a lot of us Christians have become too liberal, if that's the right word to use; and I don't mean to be judgemental. Our favourite songs and music artists are the ungodly ones; many of us can't even lead praise and worship for more than 5 minutes but we can sing ungodly songs for hours! Even our worship leaders are guilty, we get our inspirations from ungodly musicians: so we sing praise and worship songs and dance in church, and then go to club on Friday night, and every other day! You see the way our very little children dance these days and you are shocked!

It's something we all need to really think about: how exactly are we worshipping God? Shouldn't there be remarkable differences between us and the world? With our mouths we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men; with our bodies we glorify God and with it we promote ungodliness. Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening? Can a fig tree, my brethren, bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Let God be true and every man a liar. Amen.

Twitter: @PastorChinae
PIN:568E2E56

No comments:

Post a Comment